The University of Liverpool is one of the great centres of research, knowledge and innovation. Our pioneering reputation attracts students, experts and partners from around the world. Through our research, teaching and collaborations we seek to be life changing and world shaping.
More than 400 programmes Research-led curricula Taught by experts Award-winning Widening Participation programme 100 acres of inspiration: our campus Russell Group institution Rated in the world’s top 1% £89m research income Renowned institutes and centres 9 Nobel Laureates in 100 years 7 key ‘real world’ research themes Dedicated Business Gateway to share our knowledge
Why Study Here?
- A member of the Russell Group – the top 24 major research-intensive institutions in the UK.
- Top 1% of universities worldwide for internationally recognised research.
- Ranked 20th in the UK’s Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 with 7 subjects in the top 10.
- 81% of the university’s research is ranked in the highest categories of 4* (world leading) and 3 * (internationally excellent).
- Rich heritage stretching back to 1881, we are the original civic ‘redbrick’ university.
- Associated with 9 Nobel prize winners.
- The only UK university with full clinical education coverage spanning: Biosciences, Clinical Medicine, Health Sciences, Dentistry, Veterinary Science and Tropical Medicine.
- Pioneering global partnerships with, Liverpool International College, Xi’an Jiaotong; Liverpool University in China and HELP; University College Malaysia and Laureate Online Education.
- A friendly, supportive and inspiring student experience. Our student:staff ratio is 8th best in the Russel Group.
- Ranked joint 9–17 in the UK (Academic Ranking of World Universities, Shanghai Jiaotong University’s Institute of Education).
- A global university located in the heart of two world-class cities, Liverpool and London.
- The university is investing £600m in its facilities over the next ten years to ensure we continue to meet the expectations and needs of our students, many of these projects are already well underway.
- Our Careers and Employability service is ranked as one of the best in UK for engaging with students.
- Competitive tuition fees and one of the most cost–effective student cities in the UK.
- Personalised and supported entrance into the UK for international students.
- London campus – our new campus in London offers a suite of vocationally focused postgraduate programmes with excellent links to the professions and industry.